The CT63 is a CT60 with the following changes :
- no Falcon motherboard boost.
- no CPU temperature.
- the oscillator is replaced by a Frequency Synthesizer programmable from 33 to 110 MHz.
Do you still enjoy to compile with speed of a snail?
Wish to surf the Web in quick and enjoyable manner?
Calculate pictures under POV, creating a DTP and Graphics in proper high speed?
Run suitably applications as one to encode MP3 or a console Java under Mint?
Wish to keep your software library in its entirety?
You still have a hard time abandoning you favorite environment of your Falcon with all its charm? Why leaving his sound system, DSP and all the connectivity ? (SCSI, MIDI, Joystick ports, etc...)
Your search is over, an accelerator of you dreams is here. New and fastest accelerator ever , seize this opportunity.
No reason to retire your old Falcon, breath a new spark of life to your Falcon and get the most powerful TOS computer ever !
- 68060 (with FPU & PMMU) at selectable clock from 80 to 100 MHz.
- Bus CT63 at 80 to 100 MHz : SDRAM & 060 BUS accesses.
- SDRAM PC133 (CL2) at 80 to 100 MHz with BURST accesses & page HIT on open banks.
- 1 SDRAM PC-133 socket for 64 MB to 512 MB.
- FLASH of 1MB with BOOT, 060 INIT, TOS4 + patchs. Can be easely updated !
- Switch to commute between the 060 and the 030 of the Falcon.
- 100% Falcon 030 mode available. The 68882 is available with the 030 mode.
- Easy fitting WITHOUT SOLDERS in the original Falcon case, without the Falcon power supply that is replaced by an external standard ATX power supply (or into an ATX tower).
- 060 Bus Slot for adding a daughter card (EtherNAT).
The 060 Rev.6 is guaranted for 90 MHz and can run at 100 MHz in 90% of cases and 105 MHz in some cases.
The 060 and its wonderfull computing power :
68060 @ 100 MHz (CT63 with Mask 1E41J) 147 25,5 68060 @ 75 MHz (Motorola specs 2001) 110 19.1 68060 @ 66 MHz (CT63) 96.8 16.8 68060 @ 59 MHz (HADES60) 86.5 15.0 68040 @ 40 MHz (AB40 / Motorola 2001) 44 7.6 68040 @ 32 MHz (HADES40 & AB40) 35.2 6.1 68040 @ 25 MHz (MILAN40) 27.5 4.8 68030 @ 50 MHz (CT2) 18 3.1 68030 @ 32 MHz (TT030) 11.5 2.0 68030 @ 16 MHz (Falcon & Motorola 2001) 5.76 1.0
CT60 is the first TOS product with SDRAM !
PRODUCT BUS RAM READ WRITE FACTOR CT60 (060@100MHz) 100 MHz SDRAM 104.4 MB/s 102.8 MB/s 22.9 - 18.7 CT60 (060@ 66MHz) 66 MHz SDRAM 68.4 MB/s 67.4 MB/s 15.0 - 12.3 HADES60 (060@59MHz) 29.5 MHz EDO 43.4 MB/s 34.1 MB/s 9.5 - 6.2 MILAN40 (040@25MHz) 25 MHz EDO 35.7 MB/s 21.5 MB/s 7.8 - 3.9 CT2b 50 MHz EDO 32.4 MB/s 38.7 MB/s 7.1 - 7.0 AB40 32 MHz FPM 34.6 MB/s 17.0 MB/s 7.6 - 3.1 MEDUSA T40 16 MHz FPM 20.0 MB/s 21.9 MB/s 4.4 - 4.0 TT030 TT-RAM 16 MHz FPM 12.6 MB/s 15.6 MB/s 2.8 - 2.8 TT030 ST-RAM 16 MHz FPM 7.9 MB/s 7.9 MB/s 1.7 - 1.4 FALCON+MAGNUM 16 MHz FPM 5.7 MB/s 6.9 MB/s 1.25 - 1.25 FALCON (VGA16c) 16 MHz FPM 4.55 MB/s 5.5 MB/s
(MB=MegaBytes) - ALL TESTS REALIZED WITH NEMBENCH 2.1
FITTING : SOLDERS FREE !
CT63 is PLUG'N PLAY !
- The previous accelerator boards always required you cut and solder on the motherboard, but now thanks to a revolutionnary hardware design, the mainboard is not touched by the fitting.
From a base Falcon, there are ANY SOLDERS to fit the CT63 !
- The Falcon mainboard is not boosted.
- The CT63 can work with a boosted Falcon mainboard (except with CT2).
060 BUS SLOT
CT63 is evolutive ! The 060 busses (Data, Add & Control) are present on two HE13 Male connectors of 2x25 pins, giving a total of 100 pins.
The first add-on card that will be available is an EtherNAT & SuperVidel card (100% Videl compatible).
The software & hardware developers are welcome.
FALCON BUS CARDS
Some Falcon add-on cards are compatible with the CT63 !
Eclipse, Screen Eyes, Expose & Nova can be used with CT63 because CT63 don't modify the hardware of Falcon Bus (no solders for the fitting).
The CT63 don't give you a new Falcon bus slot because it is not needed ! The method is simple : solder two Male/Male HE13 connectors (2x15 & 2x25 pins) on this old card and plug the CT63 on it ! Sure, in this configuration the keyboard is out of the Falcon case !
Fitting a Nova Video card : http://www.tobiashagemann.de/ct60/ct60.html
Fitting a Expose card : http://jcb.killer.free.fr/Comtos/ma%20config/Ma%20config.htm
ATX POWER SUPPLY UNIT (PSU)
CT63 needs a voltage of 3.3V and 8 Amperes at least for the 060, the SDRAM, the 060 BUS port, the logic and the buffers, and the Falcon power supply would have been not sufficient in the case of a 5V->3.3V expensive and poor rating voltage regulator on the CT63. An ATX power supply is absolutely required to replace the Falcon power supply and free the area for the CT63.
ATX power supplies (ON/OFF AC switch is recommended) are available anywhere. The smallest model is the one for the FLEX ATX standard. This last one can be put into the falcon origin case between the CT63 and the rear border with the condition you cut a rectangular opening in the top plastic cover...
There are too some very small power supply units : http://www.mini-box.com/
The CT63 is featured with a HE13 connector for the features found on the front of a modern tower : POWER Led, IDE Led, RESET push button, POWER push button. Plus (no more present on the ATX tower) a NORMAL/TURBO switch you will have to fix somewhere.
- With the POWER switch, you can power on your falcon. You have to understand that the ATX power supplies (in the major cases) have no more 120/240V ON/OFF switch because they are drived by the ACPI modern OS functions allowing to set the computer in a 'standby' or 'suspend' mode instead of turning OFF the power supply. This low power setting is done by the power push button of the tower, and the CT63 is managing this feature !
- A SLEEP function (SLP) was even added in the hardware and manageable by a software (an ACC or a CPX) to 'sleep" the machine (like the windows menu).
The Power Led has a double utility managed by the CT63 : When the power supply is ON, the led lighting normally, and when the power supply is suspended (off in fact), the led is lighting weakly indicating that your machine is OFF but stills connected to AC power.
The 030 allows you to launch the old & rare software that cannot run on the 060 and to program the TOS in the CT63 FLASH (if the flash is crashed and you cannot boot from 060 !).
The Flash can be accessed by the 030 and by the 060 and will allow all developers to modify and personalize their machine as they want.
The Falcon mode is your original Falcon and give you the inssurance that software run like previously. The Coprocessor 68882 stills usable with 030 (not with 060 sure !).